Motaz A. Moniem http://motaz.webs.com
1010 Newton St. # 511, Bristol VA 24201. USA Cell: 202-617-8733 email@example.com
P&L Responsibility / General Management / Sales & Marketing Leadership / Strategic Planning / Growth Strategies / Start ups / Program Management / International development / Policy Reform / Procurement Management / Sustainable development.
Strong leader, who blends strategic thinking with tactical execution to deliver results , expert in designing and implementing short and long term business strategies.
Analytical Problem Solver, who diagnoses root cause, innovates solutions and energizes companies around growth plan. Who has excellent ability to initiate, analyze, project, and convey ideas, proof of concept for implementation of new products or changes to existing products to all levels of management, clients and decision/policy makers. Creative thinker, a team player with very strong organizational skills.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Science, Agriculture Science.
- International Internship in Intellectual Property Rights Use and Management.InstituteofInternationalAgriculture,Michigan State University,USA.
- Certified Export Specialist granted by theForeignTradeTrainingCenter(FTTC -Egypt) in cooperation with Trade Enhancement Program – A (EU) and Club d’Affaires Franco Egyptien (CAFÉ)..
Market Assessment Consultant (Client: Confidential) Sept 2009 – Present
A well establishedUScompany requested the detailed market assessment that identifies market opportunities, constraints for natural mineral product line used in agriculture industry, to support the creation of a brand and marketing plan for this product. Identifying the key links in the value chain, develop business and operational plans for the investment.
Head, Agrochemicals Sector, Framchem (Nufarm) March 2004 – June 2009
This regional operation of Nufarm, serves as a hub for the Middle East,North Africaand South of Europe region for manufacturing chemicals for agriculture and industry.
- Directed regulatory, supply chain, procurement and marketing activities for the business in the Middle East North Africa and South of Europe.
- Key contributor to increasing the size of business.
- Increased the number of products produced for both tolling business and Nufarm brand to more than 35 products. Increased proficiency of the agrochemicals sector at the company by 80% by expanding horizontality and vertically.
- Renegotiated contracts, significantly reducing vendor liabilities
- Sourced 6 contract manufacturers inGreece,JordanandEgypt; won key multiyear agreements totaling $1.7 million, Identified and delivered productivity improvements and cost reduction measures in cooperation with plant manager.
Country Director ,EBIC March 2003 – March 2004
TheEgyptBiotechnologyInformationCenteris the hub that responds to specific information needs, promotes and advances a broader public understanding of crop biotechnology and monitors the local agri-biotech environment in the region.
- Developed necessary channels with third parties throughoutEgyptincluding media, Food/Feed industries and health professionals, government officials, growers and private sector representatives.
- Created timely access to accurate information about biotechnology including preparation and distribution of materials such as presentation and representation related to EBIC activities.
- Assist in the implementation of all aspects ofISAAAGlobalKnowledgeCenterfor Crop Biotechnology Network.
Policy Specialist, DAI Washington. January 2001 – Feb 2003
DAI is a US based multinational working the field of international development.
- Key contributor in the first time economical study on the Potential Benefits of using GM crops inEgypt.
- Implemented a study on the structure and performance of the livestock and dairy sector inEgypt.
- Participated in establishing the Egyptian Dairy Federation (EDF) and the Egyptian Meat Union (EMU).
Working in junior management positions in development and operations from 1996-2001
Bi lingual (English – Arabic) , very well acquainted with working in unconventional work environment and with different cultures (Experienced in working in Egypt, USA, Syria, Lebanon, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia, Yemen, Saudi Arabia and Greece).